The day-to-day management of development tools.
Requirements of the role
- 3+ years’ experience with development tools such as JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Subversion, GIT, Jenkins, Team City, Maven, and Sonar.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, an appreciation of overall practices and applications within IT, and the flexibility to interpret standards pragmatically.
- Experience in managing workshops to drive requirements and changes in tools and methods.
- Experience in implementing tools across many satellite locations.
- Has achieved proficiency in any Development Skill (java preferred), using a variety of methods and tools.
- Acquiring understanding of the underlying issues in simple problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
- Identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps.
- Taking account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Meeting targets and fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail.
- Familiar with organised and documented sets of techniques, intended to facilitate the structured development of applications.
- Familiar with software tools which automate or assist part of the development process.
- Aware of tools and techniques (manual or automated) which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation.
- Aware of methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Integration plugins to JIRA, such as TaskTop
- Proven problem management and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to take ownership and be responsible for actions.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail, with ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- A supportive inspirational leader who works well as part of a team.
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Professional image with well-developed time management skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst multi-tasking.
- Ability to be flexible with respect to working hours, according to operational requirements and priorities.
Description of the role
- Adapting methods and tools for effective use, by means of one or more of the following activities: tool development, process definition, hardware/software installation, customisation, testing and documentation.
- Maintains and supports the methods and tools used in development process.
- Carries out upgrades to tools used in development process.
- Assists in the provision of basic training in the use of methods and tools. Deals with users’ problems and queries in practice.
- Producing user guides and documentation for the methods and tools.
- Uses methods and tools in trials, under the direction of a project manager, identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the trial subject.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications in own area of responsibility, following agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Carries out agreed application/software maintenance tasks in own area of responsibility.
- Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation.
- Maintains accurate records of user requests, contact details and outcomes.
- Contributes to the development of tools installation procedures and standards.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and document programs in own area of responsibility.
- Private medical healthcare on completion of probation period
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Free onsite parking
- Corporate gym membership options
- Associate car purchasing discounts – available with selected manufacturers
- 23 days holiday per year with the option to buy & sell 3 days
- Additional holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Employee referral scheme
- Assistance with eye tests
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Social Committee – events throughout the year
- Support with professional qualifications
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position. However, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job without prior notice. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.