Objectives: As a Technical Writer, you will use your analysis and documentation skills to produce high quality documentation for both employees and clients.
Description of the role
Develop your skills and experience at a fast-growing company that values and rewards talent and hard work. You will have the opportunity to work with projects, colleagues, and clients all over the world.
You will work collaboratively with consultants, business analysts, architects, and developers to maintain and improve our documentation standards. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the BA Manager.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Drive, follow, and improve documentation standards and processes.
- Participate in improvement of documentation platforms and technologies.
- Analyze existing content and find opportunities for single sourcing and standardization.
- Produce tutorials and guides for end-users.
- Produce complex software and hardware diagrams.
- Produce documentation that is contextually appropriate for the intended audience.
- Train and guide employees to follow documentation standards.
Requirements of the role
- Excellent writing with high attention to detail, clarity, concision, and style.
- Excellent verbal communication in English.
- Experience with writing user manuals.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Experience with editing documentation produced by others.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and graphics.
- Able to multitask while working under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with shifting areas of responsibility, based on business needs.
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Loan Originations and/or Loan Servicing systems.
- Experience with managing documents in shared repositories (SharePoint).
- Experience with issue tracking software (JIRA, Test Track, etc.).
- Written and verbal communication in other languages.
- Employee Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability (LTD) insurance
- Extended Health Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Dental Benefits for Employees and Dependents
- Health Care Spending Account (Single and Family option)
- Group Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate gym membership fee options
- Additional holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Employee referral scheme
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Social Committee – events throughout the year
- Support with professional training and development