This position requires a highly-focused individual who excels at multi-tasking and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to configure, build and deploy software to various project environments.
Requirements of the role
- Computer Science (BSc) or Computer Engineering or any equivalent IT related program
- 2-5 years of experiences with J2EE application deployments.
- Those who have achieved an Academic Grade Average of B- or better will be preferred.
- Knowledge in Maven build process
- Knowledge of various Windows operating systems including the ability to create and/or modify existing Windows command scripts, setting up task scheduler etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience with JBoss 5 onwards, Wildfly 8 onwards
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and Oracle 11 onwards, SQL and DBA operations
- Experience with Microsoft IIS web server
- Experience with Apache Web server
- Experience with Apache ActiveMQ
- Experience with Eclipse IDE or Continuous Integration (e.g. Team City) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of Java programming language, JDK 6 and onwards.
- Experience with Liquibase
- Organized and thorough with a strong team working attitude and believes in cooperation
- Willingness to learn new technologies in a constantly evolving environment
- Working in flexible hours (may need to assist production releases outside core business hours which happen at night time).
Note: The successful applicant must be eligible to legally work in Canada
Description of the role
- Assisting teams in setting up development and test environments which includes installation of J2EE application server (e.g. JBoss), installation of databases, setting database replication, installation and setting up web servers (e.g. IIS or Apache) etc.
- Assisting teams in deploying applications to various test and/or production environments, which includes deployment of Java web applications, applying database changes, changing application configuration etc.
- Maintain and Administer Application Servers & Web Servers and Database servers.
- Maintain close communication with project team to confirm details, timeframes and expectations.
- Troubleshoot and reconfigure post-deployment issues.
- Participate in Developing and Maintaining Release Notes and Release Management.
- Employee Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability (LTD) insurance
- Extended Health Benefit for Employees and Dependents
- Dental Benefits for Employees and Dependents
- Health Care Spending Account (Single and Family option)
- Group Retirement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate gym membership fee options
- Additional holiday entitlement increases with length of service
- Employee referral scheme
- Professional Association subscriptions fee assistance
- Social Committee – events throughout the year
- Support with professional training and development
This job description represents the usual duties and requirements of the position. However, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties in line with their capability, training and level of authority. The company reserves the right to change the job without prior notice. The job description does not form part of the Contract of Employment.