Environmental and Social Policies
The Board of Directors at White Clarke Group recognizes the clear benefits of conducting our business in an environmentally responsible and friendly manner, keeping up to date with changing environmental issues, and the need for compliance with legal requirements.
We are committed to preventing pollution and protecting the environment, and we recognize that this is obviously in everyone’s best interests – including our own employees and stakeholders – and contributes to a better quality of life, both now and for future generations.
White Clarke Group makes every effort to conserve natural resources, and we also encourage our staff to operate in an environmentally friendly manner.
We recognize that our activities have an environmental impact at local, national and global levels, and that even small contributions to the preservation of the environment are hugely important. We make every effort to conduct all our business activities and operations in line with best environmental practice and seek constant improvement across all Group activities.
White Clarke Group will constantly strive to improve environmental performance by:
- Being efficient in our use of energy and natural resources, and by reducing consumption within our offices. For example, we encourage employees to switch off lights and appliances when not in use, and have an ongoing program to replace energy-inefficient technology.
- Encouraging employees, wherever practical, to plan their work around public transport, share other forms of transport, and minimize use of energy-intensive transport. For example, we promote the Cycle to Work scheme internally, and also provide telephone- and video-conferencing facilities to minimize the need for travel at all.
- Recycling ever-greater amounts of waste, including paper, cardboard, printer cartridges and aluminum cans.
- Responsibly disposing of redundant and obsolete equipment, through third parties where necessary.
- Encouraging the use of previously used paper internally.
All staff must be aware of their responsibility to operate within the law and to apply principles of best environmental practice.
Social responsibility policy
The White Clarke Group takes its social responsibility seriously and is committed to:
- Promoting equal opportunities, as detailed in our equal opportunities policy.
- Protecting the environment, as detailed in our environmental policy.
- Promoting efficient working practices. For example, our business consultants bring extensive sector knowledge and technical expertise to achieve business process and performance improvement, and we have embedded efficiency programs in our own product processes.
- Offering work experience and internships to first-time job seekers in offices all around the world.
- Checking that our suppliers and clients work to ethical and fair processes, and that they also adhere to employment and environmental legislation in the countries in which they operate
As a key player in the automotive finance sector, White Clarke Group is especially pleased to support BEN, a charity dedicated to helping around 15,000 people with auto industry connections. Their problems range from disability or sickness to loneliness, poverty and debt.
BEN provides award-winning care to 350 older or disabled people in its four residential centers, where residents are cared for by nurses, support staff and physiotherapists. Its day-care center means automotive workers can earn their living while BEN staff look after their elderly relatives.
Other charities supported by White Clarke Group include:
- Refugees Welcome MK Campaign – is a campaign group connecting and mobilising informal volunteers to support and welcome refugees in Milton Keynes.
- HULA Animal Rescue – an animal welfare charity providing sanctuary for dogs, cats or other domestic animals until new homes can be found.
- Herts Air Ambulance – a charity providing a free life-saving Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS). Accidents and illnesses happen and when they do, patients, whatever their age, circumstances or location need specialist treatment fast.
- Epilepsy Society – a national epilepsy medical charity working for everyone affected by epilepsy through research, awareness campaigns and expert care.
- Macmillan Cancer Support – a charity that provides practical, medical and financial support to families suffering from cancer. The organization provides nurses, therapists, help with treatment, and volunteers to give a helping hand.
- Remount – a charity dedicated to helping Armed Forces personnel return to civilian life, addressing the practical side of change, the psychological effects of loss, loneliness and a shift in culture.
- Willen Hospice – a charity that provides specialist palliative care and support for families. Their vision is to be the lasting and thriving provider of free care to all people affected by life limiting illness in its local community.
- Movember - the leading global organization committed to changing the face of men's health.
- Cancer Research UK
Our intention is to drive growth through in the dealer wholesale funding space, so we need to be sure we have the best possible technology in place to support our ambitions. Peter Turnbull, CIO, Bank of Queensland Finance
The team at White Clarke Group has managed to gain our confidence through their competence and expert knowledge. For this reason we have decided to align our future strategy with White Clarke Group. Günter Strobl, CIO, Raiffeisen Leasing
White Clarke Group is a very flexible, adaptable company to deal with - prepared to work around what we wanted, rather than presenting a fait accompli. That sums up their ethos. Steve Gowler, Managing Director, Nissan Finance
A partner with experience and credibility, who had a certain scale, and who had the stature to come to us and challenge our thinking. Nick Ockwell, CIO, Exeter Finance Corp
EBV is very pleased with White Clarke Group and their success on the SEPA project. Maik Skottke, Head of IT, EBV-Leasing Gesellschaft m.b.H Co. KG (Erste Bank)
White Clarke Group's level of support and expertise and professionalism was nothing short of brilliant. Both the team and their CALMS solution have absolutely delivered on their promises. We look forward to a continuing partnership. Wayne R. Cook, Community Savings Credit Union
We’re very pleased with White Clarke Group’s execution of this project. We wanted to move fast and with the leadership of White Clarke Group the project was completed successfully on schedule in just four months. Bill Besgen, President, Hitachi Capital America
Technology is a key consideration for a dealer when selecting a finance partner. White Clarke Group's CALMS provides a clever dealer/finance company interface that makes the process of managing inventory extremely simple. Paul Arthur, Head of Motor, Bank of Queensland Finance
The White Clarke Group product offers all the functionality and flexibility we need to keep developing new market-leading products. It also gives us a proven platform for growth. Phil Baranski, Group Credit Risk, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
It is good to work with a company of professionals who really understand the intricacies of the leasing sector, as well as being sensitive to the cultural changes necessary when entering a new marketplace. Nic van Meir, Director eBusiness, LeasePlan Corporation
White Clarke Group's major strengths include deep industry knowledge and good quality people.
They are also the only vendor in the market able to offer such an SAP-compliant CMS solution which gives us a clear business advantage. Dieter Bornemann, IT Director, Volkswagen Financial Services
We now enjoy significantly improved data security and can monitor performance so much better. Bottom line, we can manage risks more effectively than ever before. Alexander Müller, Heidelberg Print Finance International GmbH, Germany
Creating a greenfield retail finance operation, completely from scratch in just nine months from concept to completion, was a remarkable achievement. It is testimony to White Clarke Group’s deep expertise in this sector. Martin Thomas, Managing Director, FGA Capital
We were very pleased with White Clarke Group's engagement.
Not only did they provide a feature rich end-to-end solution but also fully engaged in all aspects of the project, delivering the project within a very aggressive timeline. Vince Bilotto, IT Manager, Kubota Australia Finance
We’re excited to be able to offer this new program to Yamaha dealers and believe that our new relationship with White Clarke Group is an integral component of this new program.
Leone Foxwell, National Manager Inventory Finance, Yamaha Motor Canada
White Clarke Group's consultative approach has helped us to set industry standards and build a sound platform for our future business developments. Graham Wheeler, Managing Director, Volkswagen Financial Services
CALMS is completely web-based which gives us the significant advantage of making changes to it ourselves. Being able to configure the system internally gives us that all-important speed to market. Brian Williams, Commercial Director, FGA Capital